Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thorns on a Rose | POEM

Thorns on a Rose
Written By: Christopher Williams

I was walking along on my way home
Remembering that I left you all alone
And thinking all about last night
When we had a screaming fight

I stopped along the side of the road
Just so I could pick a rose
I thought it could ease the pain
And I didn't even care about the rain

I stood right there with shears in hand
I took a hold to clip it off, and
I felt it so sharply in my finger
Right then and there that one thought lingered

I guess it's just the way it goes
You're like the thorns on a rose
And like a thorn in my side
There's nowhere else to hide
These feelings I have anymore
It hit me hard, kicked me to the floor
And all this is how I know
That you're just the thorns on a rose

No comments: