Friday, April 11, 2008

Alone | POEM

Alone
Written By: Chris Williams

All I want to do
Is stay wrapped up with you
I don't want to leave this place
I don't want to miss your smiling face

I can't make it with you gone
I don't want to be alone
Don't go, please don't leave me
Don't leave me broken and empty

Streaming down my face are tears
Falling like rain because of fears
My heart is so heavy with weight
It feels like it may break

I can't make it on my own
So please don't leave me alone
Handle me with lots of care
Because I'm fragile and scared

It arises most in the dark of night
Under the covers, I shiver with fright
I wish you didn't have to go
It shatters me to my soul

I'm nothing but a broken man
Reaching out to hold your hand
Tell me that you're not gone
Tell me I'm not left all alone

No comments: