Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Coconut of My Eye | POEM

The Coconut of My Eye
Written by: Chris Williams

I had to go far
To be where you are
Along some stretch of sand
Sitting there holding your hand
Holding you in my arms
And holding your heart
All alone, like it should be
I know just how much you love me
But I don't really know why
You are the coconut of my eye

We're calm and at peace
You bring me to an ease
No one around for miles
We stare at each other and smile
A gentle kiss is all we need
To make our hearts pick up speed
All alone, oh, how I like this
Holding each other is such bliss
We sit and watch the waves roll by
You are the coconut of my eye

Above, we have the moon and stars
Watching as we give in to our hearts
Kissing and hugging, and making love too
It's perfect this way, just me and you
Your hand brushes my cheek to let me know
That everything's alright, and I can let go
We've given in to our own desires
Watching our bodies rage like a fire
And after, on top of me, you lie
You are the coconut of my eye

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*hugs you tightly*

I love you, Christopher Williams. So very much. . .