Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Road and Me | POEM

The Road and Me
Written by: Chris Williams

The sun's out, so my shades are on my face
I have the windows rolled down in my Chevrolet
I can feel the power beneath my feet
As my tires hit the paved streets
The wind is blowing through my hair
Nothing on my mind, I don't have a care
I always feel alive and so free
When its just the road and me

The white lines go on for miles
I enjoy the silence for a while
Then I turn on the radio
Where I'm bound, I don't know
I just want to be happy and enjoy this
This ultimate freedom is such bliss
This sure is the way to be
It's just the road and me

I've got to run, I've got to have fun
Keep going until the trip is done
Just drive as far as I can
Because I have no plan
Let my truck take me here and there
I'll go anywhere and everywhere
I enjoy being so free
When it's the road and me

No comments: