Friday, September 7, 2007

Did She Cry When She Said Goodbye | POEM

Did She Cry When She Said Goodbye
Written by: Chris Williams


Things didn't work out the way I planned
I guess she couldn't see me being her man
I loved her eyes, her smile, and her nose
But now she's gone, I guess that's how it goes
I thought we would always be together
So much for us making it to forever
I loved everything about her
So, it gives me no reason to doubt her
Loving her wasn't a cool thing to do
She left me crying here like a fool
I don't remember any tears in her eyes
So, did she cry when she said goodbye?

My friends say in time the pain will go away
My curiosity is something that's here to stay
I can't seem to remember her being hurt at all
I know I'm still feeling the effects of the fall
I'm drowning here in my own tears
Wondering what's out there leaves me in fear
Moving on would be so much easier to do
If I could climb over the next hill or two
She told me about all her pain
So, I feel bad when I complain
That I didn't see tears in her eyes
So, did she cry when she said goodbye?

No comments: