Thursday, September 13, 2007

I Run to You | POEM

I Run to You
written by: Chris Williams

Her leaving me still hurts
Early mornings are the worst
But every night I run to you
I don't know what else to do
You tell me it will be alright
I make you laugh until you cry
Who knew laughter was a good start
To mend someone's broken heart

I find it so much easier to sleep
You've replaced her in my dreams
You're pretty and easy on the eyes
You even help to sooth my mind
So, in return I make you laugh
Until you fall flat on your ass
I guess we've come to believe
I'm just your comic relief

When I'm with you, things are said
That help me get her out of my head
The way she left, she left so fast
Burned me so bad, turned me to Ash
I'm glad I have finally risen again
I want you to be here until the end
Because I don't know what else to do
But in my times of need, I run to you

No comments: