Friday, September 7, 2007

Life | POEM

Life
Written by: Chris Williams

Life has been good
Like I thought it would
I've met so many folks
Told so many jokes
I will leave my mark
In each and every heart
I meet along the way
I'm gonna enjoy everyday
For as long as I can
Until I can't stand

You live and you learn
So you won't crash and burn
Watch as time goes by
It's a hell of a ride
Love is just a step away
You might find it anyday
Let no one get you down
As the world spins around
Keep doing what you do
And you'll make it through

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm confused now, which blog is ye primary blog? LJ or Blogspot?

At any rate, this is possibly my favourite poem. One, it's got a different theme - love gets a 'vague' mention here, not a poem that's centered around it. Two, it's got your authenticity prints all over it!


Publish publish publish!

emperorinsanity said...

My Primary is LJ, but I figured I'd use blogspot too. Didn't you go blog surfing or something a few days ago? Well, what if others do that? They might find my poetry! I'd like to expand my audience. *nods*

Did you see my reply to your LJ comment about the publishing idea?

*goes off to search for copyright papers*

Unknown said...

Yeapsies! Saw em all. Honestly, think about publishing. You have NO idea how hard it is to get published here. Or rather, get recognition for anything you write. People usually don't have the patience for it

-_-

emperorinsanity said...

How hard is it to get published? I know Jo has done it. *shrugs* Of course, she's not around for me to talk to. *sigh* If my short story series goes ok, I may try to get it published. Hmm, I wonder if I should post that story series here as well. Only have the first two parts of the first story up on my LJ.

You're my new guiding star, since i mostly talk to you, what do you think, Ash, the Great?

Unknown said...

Post away Chris, since it's your writing blog. Go right ahead.

New guiding star? ;)

ZB said...

"You live and you learn"
somehow it reminds me of the song., "Never Let Go" by Bryan Adams.

:)