Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Friendly Advice | POEM

Friendly Advice
Written by: Chris Williams

I hate to call you, but I need your help
Today, she just packed up and left
I thought it was some bad dream
But the reality of it really hit me
I'm hoping that you can recall
One night, sometime last fall
You were all alone, crying on your bed
I was hoping you could remember what I said

You thought it might be needed again
So you took your journal and a pen
Marked down every word I told you
Could you repeat them, now that I'm blue?

She said: I know it hurts with her gone
But you have to be strong, life goes on
You can't keep on looking back
Happiness won't be found like that
Look ahead, and you'll go far
Keep on reaching for the stars
So, don't dare fall apart
We're gonna mend your heart


I thought this was an interesting idea, actually. A man gives his friend advice during her breakup, which in turn gets back to him when he is seeking for her to help him out during his breakup. Don't ask. I really don't know where all this comes from.

And before a certain someone can complain about me being "depressed". . . I'm not that depressed, but let me deal with this my way. Really, I'm fine. *ahem* Despite the prior poem "It's Getting Better All the Time," I'm not lying to ya. I'll get over it, eventually.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really really like the idea behind this one. It's different from the others. Especially this part:

You thought it might be needed again
So you took your journal and a pen
Marked down every word I told you
Could you repeat them, now that I'm blue?



Nice touch. Your stream of poetry is inspiring me to write some of my own =P

emperorinsanity said...

=D Glad you like it! And since you do, I will keep on writing. *nods* Might not have a muse per se, but I do have you to entertain. Heh. Need more entertainment? *puts on music* I could be a stripper! =P

Yeah, I've lost my mind. . .