Friday, January 18, 2008

Gone | POEM

Gone
Written by: Chris Williams

You've just pushed me over the limit
I'll be walking out any minute
It's already way too late
Your racism and hate
Has just driven me away
Here is where I can no longer stay

By the time you read this I'll be gone
You're just too stupid to see you're wrong
Your words have left an awful stain
Your words have left an awful pain
I know things will never get better
That why you're reading this letter

I'd pray to God to help you through
But I for one know it's no use
You've given me too much grief
I gotta get out, gotta find relief
I'll pray to God to keep me strong
To keep me safe while I'm gone

I won't promise that I'll be back
As long as there's something you lack
Learn not to judge and hate
It just means your life's a waste
This road will be hard and long
But I don't care, as long as I'm gone

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can really really feel the emotion in this...

Then again, maybe it's because I understand the depth from where it's coming from.

Once again, brilliant way of putting what you feel to words. Tis almost like a song with a dramatic flair to it. Especially the ending. I picture u walking outta the house with a huge stick and bundle hanging over your shoulder =P

Cheer up hun *hugs*

emperorinsanity said...

Yes, well, cheering up isn't the easiest thing in the world to do when stupid people keep being. . .stupid. . . it pisses me off. And it never ends. So, when it stops, I'll cheer up.

Unknown said...

Well honey, then you're gonna have to wait for a very long time. Because it's difficult to change people like this who have no knowledge of other cultures nor do they have an open mind to be able to accept new things accordingly. You can hope and let your emotional cycle be continuously determined by their shallow mindsets. Or you could try developing a thick skin with your own just beliefs and lead your own life. Yes, they will bitch about it. But as long as you know you're right, then you're fine.


After all, it's not them who judges
YOU at the end of this long road now, is it?

*wraps arms around you* Be strong. And I'll help you with it. As best as I can.