Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Where Were You | POEM

Where Were You
Written by: Chris Williams

There I was when she said goodbye
Doing my best not to cry
Asking God why, oh, why
I never got an answer from Him
My hope was growing dim
My chances of recovery getting slim

Everyone asked why I was mad
Why did I look, oh so sad
I told the news, and it was bad
Nothing would ever be the same
I thought He was the one to blame
Told Him that He should be ashamed

Tell me, where were You
When I was feeling forever blue
Not knowing what I should do
I wasn't sure how I should feel
Didn't believe that you were real
Kept wondering what's the deal

Lost the pieces of my shattered heart
Saw everything growing dark
I didn't know where I should start
To begin my life completely new
Looked for answers, I only found a few
But God, where were You

And somewhere in my shaken faith
He brought her my way
She made me feel so safe
The clouds slowly began to part
I asked God where should I start
To get you to put together my heart

He didn't tell me what to do
Said that I already knew
All my life, where were you
I guess He's watching out for me
It took me a while to believe
I guess, after all, He's not too busy

No comments: