Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pain | POEM

Pain
Written by: Chris Williams

I'm so tired of this fight
Tired of all this pain
I can't do anything right
I'm always to blame
Your words cut so deep
I feel like I'm nothing
I can put myself to sleep
But only by crying

I don't understand this hate
Don't understand why
I know this can't be my fate
To feel so dead inside
I'm better off without you
Tearing me apart
I'm better off without you
Ripping out my heart

You've taken away my soul
Nothing else is left
I no longer feel like I'm whole
So just put me on a shelf
Don't stop to look, walk on by
I have nothing to say
And don't you dare ask me why
I've never been so afraid

If you don't love me at all
Please, just let me go
I'm broken from the fall
Never felt so low
These tears that I've cried
Don't ease the pain
These tears that have dried
Have left me drained

I know you have a heart
But it's made of stone
I know your mind is dark
And your soul is gone
But please just leave me be
I don't want you around
You've already poisoned me
So lay me in the ground

No comments: