Friday, January 25, 2008

Through Her Eyes | POEM

Through Her Eyes
Written by: Chris Williams

She's so happy and so is he
They walk hand-in-hand so I can see
Are they throwing it in my face
She offers him a warm embrace
How could I have been so blind
How on earth will I ever find
My way out of this lonely world
He left me, and now has that girl
To this loneliness, there's no end
He ended up with my best friend

There it is, their first kiss
Oh, how I hate all of this
As tears fill my eyes
I remember all of his lies
He promised me that he'd wait
Now, I didn't speak up, and it's too late
How can my heart ache like this
I had him, and I was in bliss
I hear our song, wonder where i belong
Now, I can't remember who's wrong

She told me she had no interest in him
And now our friendship's growing dim
I don't want to be seen, so I'll walk away
Hope to try again, some other day
In time I'll be over it all, I swear
Right now the pain is too much to bear
I wish they'd see things from my shoes
See all my pain, and sing the blues
They don't need this girl to give them hell
I'll just go on back to my shell to dwell

No comments: