Monday, September 1, 2008

A Little More Time | POEM

A Little More Time
Written by: Christopher Williams

Give me a little more time
This isn't what I had in mind
I had this plan, you see
I was going to start a family

I was on my way to see her
She was gonna give birth
She's about to bring the world
Our brand new baby girl

I just want a little while
To see that baby's smile
If this world I left
I'd miss her first steps

If You'd give me the chance
I'd love to see her dance
At her senior prom
And I'd miss her mom

Let me see her wedding day
So I can stand up to say
Something when I toast
The girl I love the most

Let me spoil my grandkids
Like my grandparents did
So Big Guy in the Sky
Let me get to my wife

Give me a little more time
Get me outta this car of mine
Let me finish my plan, please
I am going to start a family

No comments: